A03: DeLand weather
This assignment helps you practice with more advanced “select” queries. We’ll use a dataset of DeLand’s weather downloaded from FSU’s Climate Center. You will only query one table, weather_deland, in the cinf201 database.
In a single file named
A03.sql, write “select” queries that meet the following criteria:
- Show all fields from the 10 most recent records, ordered by date (most recent first).
- Select the single hottest temperature; just report this temp.
- Show the high temperature and year (in that order) for every christmas day (Dec 25); order by temp (highest first); ignore null high temps.
- Show the month, avg_temp, and precipitation for days where precipitation was greater than 5 inches; order by month (earlier months first); skip null values for avg_temp.
- Find the coldest Monday; report the min_temp and recdate; ignore min_temps that are null.
For date-related queries (like day of week queries), refer to MySQL’s date and time functions.